A Call to Action
EMPOWER: a global movement to end human trafficking.
- We believe that God created every person valuable and that no one should be bought or sold.
- We believe that it is time to stop competing against each other and start collaborating together to end human trafficking.
- We believe that the task is too great to turn it over to professionals. It is time to stop being spectators and start being participants.
- We believe that every day people can choose to work together and make an extra-ordinary difference in our world.
- We believe human trafficking should end in our life-time
Remember the 1970s School House Rock song, “I’m Just A Bill”? The sad little scrap of paper that waited and waited to become a law. He sang, I’m just a bill, yes I’m only a bill. And if they vote for me on Capitol Hill …And I know that I will be a law someday […]
With the focus on rebuilding Nepal after the two huge earthquakes one might wonder what is being done about human trafficking. Sindhupalchowk is one of the districts of Nepal that many believe is most vulnerable to trafficking. Many of you have a heart for trafficked victims, that is why you follow EMPOWER on FB, through […]
“What could I say?” said Eric Watt, Chief Volunteer Officer for EMPOWER and RUN Ministries. When a dear friend of his, a local flip flop salesman, from the district of Sindhupalchowk in Nepal told him they needed 3,000 tents. Eric knew provisions were already being sent to other areas, but “What could I say to my […]