A Call to Action
EMPOWER: a global movement to end human trafficking.
- We believe that God created every person valuable and that no one should be bought or sold.
- We believe that it is time to stop competing against each other and start collaborating together to end human trafficking.
- We believe that the task is too great to turn it over to professionals. It is time to stop being spectators and start being participants.
- We believe that every day people can choose to work together and make an extra-ordinary difference in our world.
- We believe human trafficking should end in our life-time
We are all shocked and overwhelmed by the news of the continuing genocide facing Iraqi Christians and Yazidis who have fled to Mount Sinjar and now face starvation or murder at the hands of the radical ISIS forces. London Telegraph reporters on the scene are calling it a “humanitarian disaster of unimaginable proportions.” Last month […]
EMPOWER’s Chief Volunteer Officer, Eric Watt, talks with News Talk on 710 KURV radio station in McAllen, Texas about human trafficking. He says that human trafficking is the buying and selling of people through coercion. Usually for labor or sex acts. Of the homeless and runaway youth population in Texas, it is estimated within in […]
A year ago I didn’t know what human trafficking was. Today I know that human trafficking is the sale of one person by another for labor or sex. Surprisingly, it is rampant in our nation. A friend asked me the other day, “What vehicles are these kids transported in?” The answer is varying kinds. From […]