A Call to Action
EMPOWER: a global movement to end human trafficking.
- We believe that God created every person valuable and that no one should be bought or sold.
- We believe that it is time to stop competing against each other and start collaborating together to end human trafficking.
- We believe that the task is too great to turn it over to professionals. It is time to stop being spectators and start being participants.
- We believe that every day people can choose to work together and make an extra-ordinary difference in our world.
- We believe human trafficking should end in our life-time
Rows of them, with elaborate colors and subjects. Some displaying beautifully prepared food. Others displaying hobbies such as photography, athletic sports, or home decorating. None, however, were the magazine I was hunting for. Probably out of print, as it was a bi-yearly publication nearing extinction. What was difficult about this search through the racks of […]
How do you kill eleven million people? This is the title of a book I recently read after a conversation came up in a monthly book club I attend. We started talking about how Hitler was so successful in convincing so many to follow his thinking. So many people followed, really, to their very deaths. […]
Lately I have had a lot of compassion for people who have a cause that requires mass involvement because I, like them, have been tasked with championing for a cause – anti-human trafficking. It seems at every turn there are requests for money, for donations, for participation, and even down to the blood within our […]